Roosevelt Inn Amenities and Services
Although the Roosevelt Inn borrows its look from a time when Theodore Roosevelt was President, there is nothing historical about our facilities or amenities. The Roosevelt Inn is one of the most modern Keystone, SD hotels with up-to-date guest rooms and suites, an indoor heated swimming pool, a family game room and a guest laundry.
The hotel has wide interior halls, quiet guest rooms and modern fire-resistant construction. There are fire sprinklers and smoke detectors in every room. All public areas are handicapped accessible and served by an elevator.
As experienced travelers know, thoughtful design and quality construction are only starting points when is comes to making a place special. We think the special ingredient is that the hotel is family owned and operated. Family members are "on site" and take an active hand in all phases of the hotel operation. Out of all Mount Rushmore hotels, this is the only one that is still family owned and operated.
We Are Here For You
Because we are a small, family owned and operated hotel, our guests are never just room numbers. Everybody on our staff will always take the time to listen to your comments, give you information and try to accommodate your special requests. Everybody who works at the Roosevelt Inn lives nearby and we're all knowledgeable about the Hills. Feel free to ask us about things to do and local history. Beyond that, we're always willing to do what we can to meet your needs.
No matter how much fun you have in the hotel, even more recreational opportunities abound in the surrounding hills and forests, whether it's sightseeing at Mount Rushmore, hiking to the top of majestic Harney Peak, taking a trail ride on horseback or simply picnicking beside a cool mountain stream. There are so many recreational activities in the Black Hills for you and your family to enjoy!
- Mountain Views -- Many guest rooms and all suites have views of the mountains surrounding Keystone. Roughly half the rooms face west, looking toward Mount Rushmore itself, the peaks of which are visible. (The faces, however, are not visible from our hotel, nor are they visible from most other places in Keystone.)
- In-Room TV -- We have basic cable (satellite) channels,, the major networks and CNN. Some rooms include DVD players as well.
- Modern Air Conditioned and Heated Rooms -- Each guestroom has individual comfort controls for both heating and air conditioning.
- Heated Pool -- Our indoor swimming pool is uniquely on the second floor with its own sun deck offering both indoor and outdoor sitting areas. Please note, however, that the pool only operates from mid-May through September.
- Family Recreation Center -- Nearly 700 square feet are devoted to a Family Fun Center that includes a 53-inch TV with digital video and game hookups, a full-sized slate pool table, a professional grade foosball table, coin-operated game machine and other recreational amenities. The TV has a dedicated DVD player.
- Guest Laundry -- We have a guest laundry that consists of a coin operated commercial quality front-loading washer and a coin-operated clothes dryer. Laundry supplies are also available at a nominal cost.
- Free WiFi -- WiFi service in every room. Our WiFi is also password protected with encrypted links to protect your privacy.
- Free Breakfast -- Stop by our breakfast room and fuel up before you head out for the day!
- Interior Corridors -- All of our guest rooms (except handicap accessible rooms) are accessed via interior corridors.
- Electronic Door Locks -- We use an electronic door lock system throughout the hotel including exterior doors.
- Elevator -- All of our floors are serviced by an elevator.
- Private Balconies -- Private balconies are available in a limited number of guest rooms. Private balconies are not available in economy and superior rooms.
- Free Off-Street Parking -- The Roosevelt Inn has the highest ratio of parking spaces per guest room of all Mount Rushmore hotels. (Note: Parking in any mountain community is at a premium because of the limited amount of flat land. Although we have 1.1 parking space for every room, the parking is in four locations adjacent to the building.) Contact the hotel if you have trailers, RV’s, or larger vehicles needing accommodation.
- Free In-Room Coffee -- Every room is equipped with an in-room coffee maker.
- Close to Major Attractions -- We are located just two miles from the entrance to Mount Rushmore and right in the town of Keystone. Most major attractions are only minutes away. Many of Keystone's attractions are within easy walking distance.
- Restaurants & Shopping Nearby -- Both of Keystone's shopping districts, the Keystone Mall and the Boardwalk, are within easy walking distance.
- Smoke-Free Facility -- We are 100 percent smoke free. All of our public areas and all guest rooms are designated as non-smoking areas.
- Handicapped Facilities -- All public areas in the Roosevelt Inn are handicapped accessible, and ADA-compliant guest rooms are available.
- Direct Dial Phones -- We offer free local and 800, 855, 866 and 888 telephone calls.
- Refrigerator-- Included in all rooms.
- Microwaves -- Included in all rooms.
- Children Stay Free
- Pets Fee $15.00 per night maximum $45.00 per stay