- Some discounts are only available by direct bookings via the "Book Now" links on this website. Rates quoted by phone, or by third-party agents such as Expedia, Orbitz or others will not include the discounts that are only available here. Only one discount may be applied per stay. Some discounts may include non-refundable deposits, advanced payment and/or minimum periods of stay. Qualifying discounts must be claimed at the time of booking and cannot be applied retroactively.
- All rates include free in-room coffee, free internet access (WiFi) and free use of hotel facilities, including pool (in season), and game room.
- Promotional rates for our Black Hills lodging are subject to availability and must be booked in advance. SuperSaver rates, when available, must be paid in advance, are non-refundable and may not be changed.
- Extended-stay options, when available, may not include daily housekeeping and unused nights are not refundable.
- Children 16 years old and younger stay free.
- Pets are welcome and stay free. However, we can only accept one pet per room and the maximum size must be less than 35 pounds.
- Maximum Room Occupancy:
- Double: 5 persons
- Single: 3 persons
- Suite: 6 persons.
- Rollaway bed is $15 extra per night.
- Play and Packs are available (limited number). Subject to availability, please call.
- 9.0% sales tax applies.
- Check-in time is between 2 p.m. and 10:30 p.m. If you are arriving after 10:30 pm please contact the hotel to make arrangements to secure your room keys and hotel information
- Check-out time is 10:30 a.m.
- Guests are invited to enjoy a free continental breakfast between 7:00 a.m. and 9:30 a.m.
These policies supersede previous policies and are effective as of 1 June 2017.
The policies listed here effective as of 1 June 2017 and apply to all reservations made upon or after that date.
- Check-in/Check-out: Check-out time is 10:30 a.m. However, we may grant a check-out extension without charge if requested in advance. Check-in time is 2 p.m. If you are arriving later than 10:30 pm please call the hotel directly to make arrangements to receive your room keys and other pertinent hotel information.
- Deposits: Reservations must be guaranteed by 1st night's deposit (Rally week we will take a full non-refundable deposit). We do not accept "hold until 4 p.m. or 6 p.m." reservations or credit card "guarantees." Deposits vary according to the type of reservation:
- "Best Open Rate" and "Book Now" reservations made online via this website are subject to a minimum deposit equal to the first night's lodging plus applicable taxes.
- All reservations made through third parties such as travel agents or online booking sites are subject to a deposit equal to the 1st night's room rate + taxes.
- Reservations for special events, such as the annual Sturgis Motorcycle Rally are subject to a deposit equal to the full amount of the booking.
- "Super Saver" reservations are non-refundable and the deposit is equal to the full amount of the booking. See special conditions covering "Super Saver" rates.
- Refund of deposits: Reservations No refunds will be made for "special event" bookings or "Super Saver" bookings.
- Cancellations: No cancellation will be considered valid without a "cancellation number" issued by the Roosevelt Inn or by the third-party booking agency through which the reservation was made. Bookings made via Black Hills lodging third parties or via online booking services such as Travelocity or Expedia MUST BE CANCELLED VIA THOSE AGENCIES. The Roosevelt Inn cannot accept phone or email cancellations of third-party bookings. The Roosevelt Inn is not responsible for any fees or transactions between guests and third party booking agents.
- Minimum Stays: Certain discounts and bookings may require a minimum period of stay. No refunds will be given for unused nights on multi-night bookings in the event of an early departure.
- Discounts: Only one discount may be applied to a room rate. AAA and AARP members, government employees, travel industry employees, active duty and retired military members, and other selected groups may receive a discount off the published room rate, however discounts are not available during certain dates. Discounts must be claimed at the time of booking and are available only through online bookings at this website. Discounts are not available for published rates on third-party websites..
- Extended Stay Discounts: Advance reservations are required to receive a discount for stays of three or more days. Extended stay discounts must be booked on-line through this site. Note: Extended stay bookings are for a set period, there are no refunds for unused nights nor may they be converted to open-rate bookings.
- Group Rate Discounts: A minimum of 20 room nights are required to qualify for a group rate discount. (Example: 10 rooms for two nights, equals 20 room days.) A group-rate contract is required and payment must be made by check or money order in advance.
- Pets: The Roosevelt Inn accepts small pets without charge, however such pets must be declared at booking and no more than one pet may occupy a room. We reserve the right to evict any guest who brings an "undeclared pet" into a guest room or public area. No refunds will be given upon such eviction and extra cleanup charges may be assessed. This policy does not apply to service animals however certified documentation for service animals may be required.
- No Smoking: The Roosevelt Inn is 100 percent smoke-free. We reserve the right to evict any guest who smokes in a guest room or public area. No refunds will be given upon such eviction and extra cleanup charges of $250.00 may be assessed.
- Valuables: Under no circumstances will the Roosevelt Inn, its management, owners, principals, employees, affiliate organizations or any other person or entity directly or indirectly associated with the Roosevelt Inn hotel in Keystone, SD be responsible for valuables left unattended in rooms or elsewhere on the property.
- Right of Refusal: The Roosevelt Inn is a privately owned property and the management reserves the right to refuse service to anyone.
- Liability: Use of the pool or recreational facilities at the Roosevelt Inn shall be entirely at the risk of the user who assumes sole responsibility for the use of said facilities. Rules regarding the use of facilities are clearly posted and the persons or guardians of minors on the Roosevelt Inn premises shall be responsible for understanding and following such rules.
- These policies supersede all previous policies and shall remain in effect until revoked.
Updated 1 June 2017, supersedes any and all previous policies.
Guest Protection Plan
We adhere to the following Consumer Protection Policies.
- We will always honor guaranteed reservations. We never knowingly over book. The price you pay for your room will never be more than the guaranteed price. If a room specified in the guarantee is not available we will at, our option, upgrade you to a room of equal or better quality. In the unlikely event that no equal or better room is available at the Roosevelt Inn for the period in which it is guaranteed, we will arrange for equal or better accommodations elsewhere at the same price.
- We do not advertise special or discount promotional prices without having reasonable availability for the applicable dates. Such availability may be limited to no more than 10 percent of our rooms, and certain restrictions, advance bookings or prepayments may be required. Any restrictions will be clearly described in the promotional material.
- We never engage in deceptive trade practices such as "bait and switch" advertising or "packing" unexpected charges on a guest's bill. Our advertised prices are actual and available on the dates for which they are advertised. This does not mean that a room advertised at an off-season rate in January will be available at that rate during peak season in July.
- We endeavor to make the descriptions of our property and facilities as accurate as possible as do other reputable business operators in Keystone.
- Please understand your rights in regard to cancellations, shortened periods of stay, prepayments, refunds and other potential charges regarding bookings. Our policies are clearly explained and we believe that they are fair.
- If you book a room at the Roosevelt Inn online you will automatically get a confirmation via email. This confirmation should exactly describe the room type you will have and clearly state the cancellation policy -- including any charges. If you notice errors or omissions, notify us immediately. We cannot make changes upon arrival.
Roosevelt Inn Inclusions
Unless specifically exempted, the price of a room at the Roosevelt Inn includes the following:
- Free Local Phone Calls - Keystone is located in the Rapid City calling area. There is no charge for calls in this area that includes Keystone, Rapid City and other nearby communities.
- Free 800, 866, 877 Access - Calls to toll-free numbers are free, however long distance calls may not be charged to guest rooms.
- Free Internet Access - We offer free WiFi service with encryption in all guest rooms and public areas of the building.
- Free In-room Coffee - All of the Roosevelt Inn rooms include an in-room coffee maker and we provide free coffee packets, cups and condiments per day.
- No Hidden Surcharges - Except for taxes (9.0%) the prices stated for the Roosevelt Inn are complete. We do not assess "energy" or other surcharges on the stated room rates. We do, however, retain the right to assess extra clean-up or damage charges in cases where warranted - as when anyone smokes in a room or brings and undeclared pet into the building.
- Children Stay Free - There is no charge for children under the age of 16 who stay in the same room as their parents or guardians.
- Pets Stay Free - We accept pets without charge under the following conditions: Maximum size must be less than 35 pounds and no more than one pet may occupy a room.
- Expanded Continental Breakfast - Roosevelt Inn offers a free expanded continental breakfast daily from 7:00 am to 9:30 am, which will consist of a variety of items including hot items, fresh baked rolls and/or muffins, coffee and juices.